Friday, March 23, 2012

DIY Friday

Today, I'm going to go the easy way out and post some fun DIY projects to inspire you for the weekend.
  • Speaking of color blocking in a major way, check out these dip-dyed easter eggs that Courtney at Merriment Events did for Oh Joy!
  • Laura from Beauty & The Beard posted a cute Neon Necklace tutorial using any old gaudy rhinestone jewelry. I can picture doing this for bracelets, headbands, and earrings. Fab!

  • Enough with the Neon craze...here's something I planned to do last weekend but C ended up buying some at Costco. I will definitely do this at our next house! Build your own Garden Box!
 
  • Here is an awesome project that will have a huge visual impact at your next chic soiree: Mason jar candle chandelier! Using wire hangers, twine, and a big 'ole wagon wheel (or any sturdy metal thingy)
 
  •  Last but not least, make your own chalkboard paint! I am definitely going to try this for our wedding decor...stay tuned for how I use it!


That's all the inspiration for now. Let me know if any of these projects inspire you or if you actually end up taking them on!

Happy crafting,




4 comments:

Leslie said...

A new follower here! Your blog is full of good ideas. :) I love the mason jar chandelier; that's absolutely lovely.

Virginia Belle said...

Love the shoes idea! Next time I see some nude pumps on sale I'm doing this. Thanks for sharing :)

Rachel said...

Love that mason jar chandelier idea! So cute!

I found your blog through VA Belle...I'm from VA but also living in Charlotte these days :)

La Cuoca said...

Thanks Rachel! We should definitely meet up sometime!