Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Doing the Charleston

Lovely readers,

I am heading to Charleston this weekend! My girlfriends, Meredith & Mary, are running in the Bridge Run on Saturday morning, which prompted the trip. I will be staying with my BFF from college, Lara, and the girls will be staying right near Marion Square. Since Mary & I went to College of Charleston, we will be reliving our glory years this weekend.

Mary & Meredith will be running over this in a matter of days!
Friday, we have reservations at Coast, which is an awesome seafood restaurant right near the College. M & M will probably head to bed after dinner, so Lara & I will hit the town! She and I always get into a little bit of trouble when we are together.


       
Riff & Raff in action on Folly Beach

 After the girls finish up the run, we hope to have a nice long brunch and then hit up King Street for a little retail therapy
via
 Maybe we'll even head to Sullivan's for some Vitamin D

 

Saturday evening, we have late reservations at Husk, so we'll head over to Market Pavilion for drinks on the rooftop beforehand.
via

 Husk has been calling my name since it opened in 2010. The James Beard Award-winning chef, Sean Brock, utilizes as many local ingredients as possible. The menu changes every day, y'all! Can you believe that? Being the group of foodies that we are, we're PUMPED to have the opportunity to eat there.


via

 And after our fabulous dinner, we will definitely hit up some of our local College haunts. I promise to take lots of food pictures!

Is anyone else heading to Charleston this weekend for the Bridge Run? Have any suggestions for new places that  have opened up in the past 3 years?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds amazing! I'm sure you're going to have a great time. :)

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Oh, I love Charleston so VERY much! That's where my husband and I rang in the new year and my 30th birthday.

You'll have to let us know about Husk -- I hope to go there sometime!

Drinks on the rooftop of Market Pavilion, well that's just about my favorite thing to do in the world. Enjoy!