Tuesday, March 20, 2012

An Introduction...

C & I on our most recent trip to the Dominican Republic

I wanted to give you a little info on how C & I got to Charlotte today. We have been together for almost 7 years (wow!) and have been engaged since December. C works in a big law firm in Uptown, and I work at a local University in the Special Needs office. We have a Boston Terrier named Bowser who I am kind of obsessed with. He is hilarious and snores all the time so I will most likely use this blog to shamelessly show you videos and pictures of him. At least, that's what my mom thinks I should do.

See? Isn't that cute? It's totes normal for him to fall asleep anywhere in positions like that.


Anyways, back to ME. I went to the College of Charleston (Go Cougars) and C went to UVa (Go Hoos) for both undergrad and law school. We met through my cousin the summer after I graduated High School, when we were both living in Charlottesville for the summer. We did the long distance thing all 4 years of school and graduated at the same time (well, he graduated law school when I graduated college).
C & I, the summer of 2007

His job in Charlotte wasn't to start until January 2010 so we bummed around Charlottesville from May to December. We lived with one of our best friends in a sort of Three's Company kind of situation, although I was the odd one out being the only girl.

The 3 amigos at Halloween, 2009


We moved to Charlotte on a snowy New Year's Eve-Eve in 2009 into our first apartment in First Ward, near the "cut" as our friend likes to call it. My car got broken into within the first week of being in our new city, and when we decided to start the process of looking to buy a house in the Fall, our apartment got broken into. Needless to say, we needed to move. ASAP. We now live in a great neighborhood within 10 minutes of Uptown. It literally takes us 15 minutes to drive door to door to work. And we're in such a safe 'hood. I love it. I'm fully intending to do a house tour, room by room, but here's a little picture of our humble abode:

Kinda decorated for our Halloween party
That's all for now, folks! Enjoy your Tuesday!


Lovelove,

M

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hey! I love the house, so cute! Can't wait to see more pics, and to follow your blog and wedding planning! Miss y'all! Hope to make it back to Charlotte sometime soon.

xoxo - Jess

Ruth said...

You have a cute house.