Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weddings

My lovely sister got married to her BFF in September at my parent's house. We jokingly called it the mullet wedding because the ceremony was in the front yard and the reception was in the back yard. (Well, maybe I joked with myself about it...)

It was such a perfect wedding for them: intimate, outdoors, photobooth & amazing photography via Sarah Cramer, Blue Mountain Beer, and awesome southern food from Chef Ted. The weather was touch and go for a while: it was cold and drizzly most of the day before and the morning of. But when Sarah Cramer arrived the clouds parted and the sun came out. It was amazing, but from reading a billion wedding blogs, those things tend to happen! We had such an amazing night, and we were all so happy that our family came from Massachusetts to LA. It was great to come together and celebrate 2 of my favorite people!

Here are some pictures to showcase how awkward I am, and how beautiful my family + friends are.

Exhibit A: My fam

Photo by Sarah Cramer





 Seriously, isn't my sister THE most gorgeous bride? She had that smile on her face the entire day.
Photo by Sarah Cramer
 D & B. Really really ridiculously good looking.
Photo by Sarah Cramer
 STOP IT.
Photo by Sarah Cramer
 My best friends from high school. If they don't boogie like this at my wedding I'm not sure what I would do with myself.
Photo by Sarah Cramer
We danced to everything from Gaga to the Bee Gees. Yes, that is me teaching Mom & Dad how to be a Little Monster.

Photo by Sarah Cramer

Sparkly AND fierce!

Photo by Sarah Cramer

I hope that our wedding is half as fun as theirs. We will have some similarities, so I hope she doesn't get upset if I copy a bit?!? I mean, they always say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Much more wedding-related posts to come,

M

3 comments:

Brandon said...

LOVE! This is so great, Mar!

Jess said...

Looks like it was a beautiful and fun wedding! Great pictures!

Doran said...

Aaaaww Mar you're just too sweet! I think that YOUR wedding will really break the mold :) I love you!