Monday, March 26, 2012

The Weekend, according to my iPhone

This weekend started off with some "just because" flowers from the fiance. That certainly started off the weekend on the right foot. 
  

 We met up with some friends at the new Hickory Tavern at the Met to watch some basketball before our 9:40 PM showing of the Hunger Games. We stopped by Dean & Deluca beforehand and picked up 2 bottles of wine to bring in (we're rebels) and a few TINY espressos (as K demonstrates below) to supplement us while we waited in line to get our seats. The movie was really good! The casting was 99% spot on, but I wish Peeta had been someone else. Anyone else feel that?


 Saturday morning came, and so did our new Tervis Tumbler waterbottles! Mine is the monogrammed one on the left, and C's is the UVA one. I have been using it all weekend and even brought it to work. Love how it's so insulated!

 

 Saturday also brought lots of yard work, which we secretly love to do. We re-mulched our front beds (finally, after having the mulch live in our driveway for months! Whoops!)....

Hello gorgeous tulips that I planted back in October!
...headed to Compost Central, right by the airport, for a truck load of compost (only $24.61 to fill the truck bed!)...
 
 

...Then we stopped by Price's Chicken Coop on the way home to fuel up


5 hours later (and after we scattered a ton of compost), we went to eat at Lupie's with a friend. It was our first time there. I had the Texas Chili Mac and C had the nachos. Can you tell we had a fat free weekend?

 

After dinner, we met some friends at Jackalope Jack's. I beat the boys in Skee Ball! Holla! We then sat and watched/participated in karaoke. It was so fun!

 

Because I didn't go wild on Saturday night, I felt up for more yard work on Sunday. I hadn't planted the herb seeds I ordered so I was happy to get my hands dirty on another gorgeous day in NC! I also planted a 3-in-1 citrus tree and some pre-sprouted basil & dill. The herbs I ordered were a variety pack: Basil, Marjoram, Balm, Horehound, Leeks, Chives, Peppermint, Lavender...the list goes on!


From L-R: Dill, Dill, Mint, Basil, Basil, Oregano, Parsley


How was y'alls weekend? I also caught up on a lot of TV, because our cable was chewed through last week by some pup that will remain nameless. I finished Season 1 of Homeland and watched the premiere of Mad Men. So good! I'm glad the show is back! And who thought “Zou Bisou, Bisou” was the opposite of anything Don would ever, ever want at a birthday party? Maybe next time, Mrs. Draper!

Sorry for the picture-heavy post, I somehow took a bunch!

'til next time,
M

3 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks like a great weekend! I love the just because flowers. :) Those are the best!

Virginia Belle said...

It looks like y'all had a very productive and fun weekend! I'm in love with your Tervis water bottles. Such a great idea, I can't wait to check them out!

Miss Southern Prep said...

That looks like a fabulous weekend! Those nachos look delicious!

Hope you have a great week!