Thursday, April 19, 2012

Charleston Day 2

 Our second day in Charleston, Saturday, was filled with lots of yummy food and shopping! The morning started off nicely. I stayed at Lara's cute apartment the night before so we had a nice morning catching up. She made me a juice and we had some yummy Italian coffee. I tell you what, that girl knows how to spoil her guests!
  
   
We happened to run into the girls in the hotel, so we all got ready for the day and headed to the Grocery for brunch!

 The Grocery is a fairly new restaurant that utilizes local ingredients. Loved every bite! It also didn't hurt to have Lara's sweetie working in the kitchen!

This was his specialty of the day, an asparagus and mushroom frittata that Lara ordered. Even though I ABHOR mushrooms, the flavor was divine.

 I ordered the Oyster Po' Boy. Seriously delish. It didn't pair perfectly with my mimosa, but who cares? Both hit the spot!

Mary ordered the Pocono Plate, complete with Scrapple topped with apple butter and fried pig's ear. The ear was....interesting. I'll always try something once!
  

Mere had the Farro & spinach salad. She ordered a gorgeous looking poached egg on top. Yum!
  

And since we had connections, we were sent out a deconstructed s'more. Chocolate cake, caramel sauce, torched marshmallow, and creme anglaise. DIVINE!
  

After Brunch, M&M went back to the hotel to get ready, so Lara & I toodled around a bit more. We popped in Kudu to get an iced coffee to help digest our meal.
   

Lara had to leave us in the afternoon to head to work, so the 3 of us shopped around for a while. We hit up our favorite boutiques and walked down King almost to Broad! We worked up quite an appetite, and, with the weather looking threatening, popped into one of my FAVE haunts from college, Yo Burrito. Guac, salsa bar, and margaritas put me in my happy place!

Mason jar margs. They are huge!
 

After a nice long break, we shopped even more, and then headed back to the hotel to have a rest and get ready for our 9:45 reservations at Husk. When we were ready, we headed to Market Pavilion's rooftop bar for one expensive drink before dinner. I had the raspberry mojito!

We snagged a table after waiting forever! Great views, as always!
  

I will save the Husk recap for its own post. Seriously, it was an amaaaaaazing experience and I have pictures to prove it! Stay tuned for Husk, and then Day 3!

M

No comments: