Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Family weekend visit

(Somehow, I completely missed posting this! Sorry, Mom) 

Last weekend A few weeks back, my parents and aunt came down to visit us. My aunt hadn't visited since we just moved, so I was especially excited to show off what we have accomplished in a year's time! We had a fab weekend filled with yummy food, and fun activities. I'll let the pictures do the talkin'...

Our first night: a little pre-dinner snack on our porch
Followed by a scrumptious meal at The King's Kitchen
We shared the Deviled Eggs & Fried Oysters to start
And had to demand the infamous cornbread that I have dreams about
I ordered the fish & 3...collards, green beans & mac and cheese
Connor ordered his favorite fish over grits and a yummy spicy tomato sauce
Mom got a veggie plate
Dad, me, Mom, & Aunt
Connor & I
On Saturday, Mom, auntie & I went to yoga with my favorite instructor, Phyllis. We had a great class! The boys went to Sunflour and tooled around.After yoga, we all went to Zoe's Kitchen then on to the farmer's market. We were too late for the market as most stalls were empty! Lesson learned: go in the AM.

We headed back to Uptown, and went to the 7th Street Public Market instead. We got grass-fed organic steaks, local sweet potatoes, and salad fixin's. We also had a nice pick-me-up from Not Just Coffee, my favorite place in Charlotte (they do pour-overs using Counter Culture! Enough said!)

We then went back home and rested a bit before dinner. Here's Dad chillin' with Bowser. Cute!
Dinner was amazing. Those steaks tasted like butter!
Love using my inherited China!
After dinner, Mom, Auntie, Connor & I played Bezzerwizzer while Dad & Bowser hung out. I definitely did not win. I actually think I lost horribly!
They had to get up early and get back to Cville, so we didn't do a whole lot Sunday. It was such a nice trip, and a treat to see them! Can't wait until they visit next time!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

All of that food looks amazing! What a great time. :)