Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Results

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed this morning. I'm not sure people truly understood what voting for or against this amendment meant. I just hope that in the future there will be some sort of change to the law in North Carolina recognizing that the LGBTQ population SHOULD HAVE the same rights as non-LGBTQ people. They are PEOPLE, for crying out loud. What gives NC the right to say they don't deserve the same rights?

There were more people who voted for this than for the presidential primary
Saw this on FB last night, and it saddens me: "North Carolina: First in Flight, Last in Rights". (Thanks Tad)

What are your thoughts? Did you vote yesterday?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm sorry to hear the outcome. I think a lot of people just have a gut reaction, and they aren't tolerant when they vote. I don't really understand it either.