Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bon Appetit!

As many of you know already, I like to cook. No, I LOVE to cook. Most of my friendships have started with a conversation about some form of food snobbery. So, in honor of my obsession, it is only fitting to celebrate one of the most influential people in the culinary world: Julia Child. Her unapologetic attitude over everything she created is something I aspire to have, and her charming personality won me over time and again when I watched her on PBS growing up. Her cookbooks are completely inspirational, and have such detailed information in them that they are also completely overwhelming at times. To me, that is the fun part; I could read cookbooks for hours upon end.

Since last night I had big plans for a hip hop class with my friend Mary (which was a hilarious disaster), I am going to cook tonight like it's nobody's business. It will be a belated celebration of what would be her 100th birthday, and we are going to have a feast. Everything will be from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1.

Le menu

Cheese Puffs
{Gougeres/Petits choux au fromage}
 Cold leek and potato soup
{Vichyssoise}
~
Roast Duck
{Canard roti}
Celery Root & Potato Puree 
{Shhh...it's Ina's recipe. Don't tell anyone}
Grated Carrot Salad
{Salade de carotte}
~
Chocolate Mousse
{Mousseline au chocolat}

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Virginia Belle said...

I am so impressed, everything sounds delicious! I can't wait to hear how it all turns out :)