Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What a great weekend!

 Connor & I really enjoyed our weekend, and got a lot of things done around the house while having a LOT of fun!

Thursday (which always feels like a weekend, if only!) we met for lunch at the new Fran's Filling Station in Uptown at 7th Street Market. I got a veggie burger that was HEAVENLY, and C got a chicken sandwich. Y'all should check it out!
It was quite cold last week so I made sure to take a picture of Bowser bundled up in his favorite sweater. Yes, I spent upwards of $30 on a sweater for my dog.
 On Friday, we were invited by a client of Connor's to dinner at Del Frisco's. It was AMAZING! We sampled some appetizers like Stone Crab claws, mixed fried seafood & veggies, and a flatbread. We then each ordered a massive steak and split the sides. There was spicy creamed corn (to die!), asparagus, and perfectly fried onion rings. I ordered the ribeye and it was PERFECT. It was such a treat, and we really enjoyed the company of the other 2 couples.

I also ran into my friend Mary at Del Frisco's, as they were celebrating one of their BFF's wedding the next day! It was so great seeing them all the night before!

Saturday morning we got up and did stuff around the house. Connor blew a zillion leaves around, and I decorated the house for Halloween! It is looking spooky!

Our friends met us over at our house, and we went to get pumpkins. We heard that Harris Teeter had a special, 2/$10, so we got them there! Not as fun as going to a patch but it definitely saved us some money to put towards our other decorations.

We then all got to work on our pumpkins. I found a template online for a Boston Terrier's face, and couldn't resist. I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think?
 The puppies enjoyed playing together, while we all played Cornhole on our finished boards (YES THEY ARE FINALLY DONE!!)
 That night, we headed over to SCarowinds! We had a great time getting scared. The corn mazes were pretty frightening, and the people walking around grabbing people ALWAYS gets me!
 We waited in line for AN HOUR to ride the Intimidator. I screamed THE WHOLE time!
 Didn't know what I was getting myself into!
Our neighbor Eric getting ready to ride!
 It was definitely a scary rollercoaster!

We then went through a few walking mazes. The first was Corn Stalkers. Ryan & Eric were shaking in their boots!
 We had so much fun! I hope you can make it to a haunted theme park sometime!

This week, we are working on finishing our decorations. We have a few more pumpkins to get ready...here's one in the first stage of black spraypaint! It turned out really well. Can't wait to show you what I'm going to do with it!

What are you all up to this weekend? Halloween parties? Weddings? I hope you enjoy it!

xoxo,

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a fun weekend! I bought my pumpkin at Target. You really can't beat the price, and I'm saving the pumpkin patch experience for when I have little ones around!