Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Meeting the Lee Brothers!

Charlotte folks Heads UP! Matt Lee & Ted Lee are going to be at Park Road Books TONIGHT from 7-8:30 (4139 Park Road). They are on a book tour promoting their new book, "The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen". I am lucky enough to work at a Culinary School that had them come as guests on campus today to talk about their history and different anecdotes on writing this new book.
They were a joy to listen to, and they even humored me with my question for each of them: What is their ultimate last meal on earth in Charleston?
Ted: Oysters at Bowen's Island
Matt: Triple Shellfish Tower from Mike Lata's new restaurant, The Ordinary

They were even gracious to sign their new book afterwards. Needless to say, I was SO excited to meet them and will happily display this on my cookbook shelf from now on. The recipes I've read aren't intimidating, which I really appreciate in a cookbook. They are real home cooks and I just know that they have tested each recipe to death!
"To Mariel, We hope our book inspires fond memories of Charleston! Enjoy!"

I'm so looking forward to devouring this when I get home.

Thanks for coming to campus, Matt & Ted!

xoxo

1 comment:

Meg {henninglove} said...

that is so cool they came to your culinary school!