Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Meeting Young House Love

 A few weeks ago, my friend Kristen & I attended a book signing for Young House Love at UNC-Charlotte. She works there so I met her at her office and we took the golf cart over to the bookstore.

We got there about 30 minutes before they were scheduled, and we were directed to purchase the book then sit in a small auditorium
 I didn't realize they were actually going to speak (eee!) so it was SO nice listening to them! They went over 5 important things they have learned over the years, and it was very helpful. They spoke for about 30 minutes then took some questions
 After they were done, it was time to get our books signed! We knew they liked to do funny things when they met people, so we had them throw up VA gang signs. They live in Richmond, and Kristen & I are both from VA so it was perfect!

I was SO awkward when I met them, which surprised me. I've been reading their blog for a few years, and they are so inspirational but still totally normal. I totally froze up! I'm such a nerd.
 Squee!

It was a great night out with a great friend. She hadn't read their blog before that day but now she's as obsessed as I am! She's even tackled a few of the projects!

Have you met your favorite "celebrity" bloggers? How did you react?

No comments: