Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: 2 month Checklist

So my friend Classic Annie is getting married this weekend! I'm so excited for her! I can't believe all of her planning will finally all come together. It makes me excited for the upcoming last few weeks until May 25th!
We're going to a wedding next weekend in Fredericksburg and then the following weekend I will be in Charleston for my Bachelorette (holla). Then the remaining weekends I'm NOT making plans because I need to be like available to do random wedding crafts. Nothing like leaving things until the last minute, amiright?

Anywhooooo, here's a little update on the April/2 month Countdown!
  •   Purchase your wedding bands (I'M OBSESSED)


  • Book your transportation vendor. (We have done most of this, but still haven't finalized our Wedding Party shuttles)
  • Purchase accessories for your gown, such as a veil, shoes, undergarments, and jewelry.  (Have 3 pairs of earrings, obviously, and my shoes. Making my own Birdcage Veil, but no underpinnings selected yet!)
  • Finalize the menu and service details with your caterer. (Meet with Caterer over Easter weekend!)
  • Confirm number of bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces with your florist. (Also met with Florist)
  • Design and create favors. Search for a favors vendor if you want specialized favors. (STILL working on that...)
  • Track gifts received from guests and send thank-you notes. (Did this already for all gifts we have received so far. Google Docs is my hero!)
  • Check on your hotel room blocks to ensure important guests have made their travel arrangements
  • Create menu cards for the reception tables
  • Purchase a guest book and a few nice pens (Won't do a guestbook but will have something creative along those lines)
  • Purchase or make gifts for your bridal party and close family. (Purchased for some but not all)
  • Write your vows if you choose to personalize them. Send a copy to your officiant.
  • Alert your wedding party to the rehearsal. The rehearsal-dinner host should send rehearsal dinner invitations. (We are the hosts so I guess we need to get on it!)
  • Obtain a marriage license
  • If you have a DJ, work on a list of 'must-play' and 'do-not play' songs.
  • Determine your ceremony music selections and send the list to your ceremony musicians.
  • Shop for all additional accessories like undergarments, jewelry, headpiece, bridal purse, etc.  (Bridal purse? Undergarments? I need help)
  • Pick up wedding rings and check the inscriptions before you leave the store. (Will do this the week before the wedding when I'll be HOME. We're going to do secret engravings. It should be fun to see what he puts for mine)
  • Create a wedding day schedule. Send the information to your wedding party and vendors.(That's why I hired a pro. She's the best and is working on it as we speak!)
  • Finalize any special preferences, readings, or other ceremony details (in writing) with your officiant.
  • At your final gown fitting, bring a friend to learn how the bustle will be tied.(Did y'all have to do 4? I'm going to #2 tomorrow and my salon, J. Majors, says we need to have 4 done. That seems extravagent)
 
So I obviously have TONS of stuff to do. That also includes out of town gift bags and such. It's going to be a busy 7 weeks!!
xoxo

2 comments:

Annie said...

I did 2 at J. Majors but she told me I was supposed to have 3.

1. Get taken in.
2. Adjust length (my length didn't need to be done)
3. Bustle.
4. Pick up the week of wedding.

Jess said...

You rings are gorgeous Mariel! See you next weekend in F'burg, it's going to be a blast!! I'm so happy for you and C, you must be so excited!!

PS - I think I have the same nail polish color, love it!! Is it OPI Gargantuan Green Grape? :)