Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mobile eateries

Listen y'all. It's no secret that I just LOOOOOVE food. I love cooking food just as much as I love eating food. But sometimes it's nice to let someone else do the cooking....and I especially love when it comes from a TRUCK.
Chorizo tacos from a stand at the Charlottesville Market
I am so lucky to live in a city with SO.MANY.FOODTRUCKS! The first one I tried was The Herban Legend which comes to JWU on Thursdays. I've tried the black bean burger, the Chicken shawarma, & the fried green tomato grilled cheese. I've also heard rave reviews on the reuben, the cuban, and the french dip! Basically, you can't go wrong with this truck. My friend who has a seafood allergy is even able to eat here! They keep it clean, yo.

 
Connor & I also came across Papi Queso when we went to Sleepy Poet over the weekend. We were literally talking about getting lunch when we walked outside and there it was! Kismet.
I was pretty jazzed to find it, since I've heard it is hard to find out & about.
We ordered the special: Fennel sausage, local collard greens, provolone, shaved onions & tomatoes
 
And the Heirloom bacon grilled cheese. And we devoured both in like 1 minute.
 
Here's a shot from one of Charleston's food stands where Lara & I got Beignets. YUM.

This was a little crepe stand at the adorable weekend market in Falls Church, VA when we visited our friends Charlie & Christina

And another awesome stand at the Charlottesville City Market....Pantheon Pops! (modeled by my gorgeous sis!)


As you can see, I just LOVE any excuse to eat up any on-the-go food! That's why I'm super excited to check out Chow Down Uptown tonight! If you live in Charlotte, the parking lot by the 7th Street Public Market will be home to what looks like 20 Food Trucks TONIGHT from 5-9 PM. I hope to see you there!

xo

No comments: