Wednesday, June 19, 2013

L-O-V-E Link-up

 Today I'm linking up with A. Liz Adventures (one of my favorite local CLT bloggers!) to share about my relationship with C!
L-O-V-E
{1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband
What dating life? We met the summer before I went off to college in Charleston, SC. He was going into his 4th year at UVA, and spent the summer in Charlottesville. I also spent the summer at home, and tagged along with my cousin to hang out with his "cool college friends". Before we started "dating", I lost interest in guys after like 2 weeks. I was honestly surprised that it lasted longer than that! That's how I knew it was something special!
Summer 2006 on the lawn, dating 1 year. He had just come back from studying in China for 8 weeks
{2} Describe your husband in one word. How would he describe you in one word?
Connor is quite clever. I mean, it is his JOB to come up with every single possible problem and solution as a lawyer!
He would probably say I'm passionate. I put myself into things 110%. He could also say I'm silly because, well, I am! He just texted me that he thought I am loyal.
Summer 2007, at my family reunion
{3} You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about?
Oh lord. Let me tell you something. We dated long distance for 4 years (college for me, college + law school for him). Me in Charleston, C in Charlottesville. Long distance made me anxious, insecure, and just a generally cranky person. I mean, cranky for my usually bubbly self. If he didn't call when he was supposed to, or if he didn't AIM(WOAH I'm old)/GChat me back immediately, I would get sulky. And probably be passive aggressive about it and then yell at him and expect him to know why I was upset. Luckily we don't have to deal with the distance anymore (would never do it again), so we don't get into big fights much anymore...
January 2012, in the Dominican Republic
 {4} In three sentences (and only three!), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years.
I hope to be living near my family.
I hope to be raising babies & chickens & bees (oh my)!
I hope Connor will be successful and fulfilled in his new job, and I will be successful in whatever endeavor I decide upon
Our engagement session, May 2012 (image courtesy of Jodi Miller Photography)
{5} Tell us something about your husband we wouldn't know from reading your blog.
He is such a family man. He talks to his parents on a weekly basis, as do I. We both have the same family values, which I greatly treasure about him. It's a little harder to keep in touch with his sisters (one in NYC & one in France), but when we call, it's like no time has passed. I think we both feel so lucky to have such great families who have been so welcoming to each of us. I can't imagine what his older sisters thought of the (4-year) younger girl Connor brought home to Thanksgiving the first time.
Engagement party, April 2013
{6} What's one thing you never thought you'd do in front of your husband, but you did?
Toot! We're way past that now. No explanation needed
May 2013, our wedding!
Thanks for reading, and I hope you link up, too!


post signature
 
 

2 comments:

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

I love this, and while I'd be happy to see you stay around the Queen City, I can totally understand wanting to be near family! Hopefully we will be able to have plenty more meet-ups before that happens :) I still can't get over your wedding dress ... seriously gorgeous. Insane gorgeous.

megan said...

Cute!