Thursday, June 27, 2013

summer 2013: hot list

 Today I'm linking up with one of my favorite sorority sisters, Megan, on what I'm up to this summer. She recently moved to Chicago from NYC and I absolutely adore her blog. She cooks up a storm and shares lots of drool-worthy home-decor inspiration.

Here's what we've got going on!
Visiting our best friends in ATL this weekend for my birthday! We went last year on my birthday and had the BEST time. We went to the Braves game on Friday, spend Saturday at the Aquarium and the Varsity, and then had an incredible dinner at Empire State South.
 
This year, we're going to an art/food festival in Old Fourth Ward Park, a BBQ at C+K's friends house, and then dinner at the Spence (Richard Blais' place). I'm SO EXCITED!
 Connor and I with 5 of our friends are leaving on July 4th for Wilmington until Sunday. We will be spending the actual 4th on Carolina Beach, where we hear there will be a big patriotic bash on the beach all day. Should be a lot of fun!
 Meredith has kindly asked me back to her family's house boat on Lake Cumberland in Monticello, KY. We're going in early August when it's still hot hot hot! We will be celebrating her birthday, and I could not be more excited to see her family! They treat me like a second daughter. They are the best hosts!

I'm looking forward to lazy mornings drinking coffee on the top deck reading a trashy novel, followed by an early wake-boarding trip. Afternoons are spent boat-hopping and playing water volleyball, setting up for happy hour and then taking the big boat out for a sunset cruise. The evenings usually get a little wild, with dance parties and family shot-skis. It's going to be a blast!

 As I mentioned last week, we are going to NYC over Labor Day to round out the Summer. We will be flying in Saturday morning and staying until Monday. The wedding starts at 7PM so we will have most of Saturday and all of Sunday to enjoy the Big Apple! I hope to return to Eataly and see some new food-related spots! When I'm in NYC, everything revolves around food.
 
Dress update: I ordered this FABULOUS and DRAMATIC black gown for the black tie wedding. I can't wait to show y'all!
 
In between our big trips, we've got a Kenny Chesney concert to go to,  we've got to celebrate Connor's 30th (WOO HOO!), and then enjoy all that Charlotte has to offer.

What about you? What are your summer plans?
 
xoxo
post signature
 

1 comment:

megan (girl by the lake) said...

My first thought when I saw this: "Yes!" My second thought? Why aren't we doing this morning often!?!?

Your summer looks way more planned and organized vs. mine, so props for that! I'm super jealous of your lake weekend + NYC trip. Sounds like a blast!

Happy early birthday!