Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday 5

 
 
 Linking up again with A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, Hello! Happiness & The Good Life for today's 5 Friday Faves!

:: ONE ::

Meeting new people, eating new food
On Monday, I met up with one of my co-workers and her friends at the Red Sea, an Ethiopian restaurant near my neighborhood. There were 9 of us, and we shared 3 big plates and a few too many bottles of wine. After dinner, we walked next door to the Double Door. This place was awesome. It was quite a dive, but there was the best band playing. On Mondays, it is a Blues/Soul/Jazz band, and the lead singer has the best, raspiest voice. We stayed out until 1:30AM dancing. It was such a good night, and I'm still paying for it now.

:: TWO ::

Pictures from our photographer
Our wonderful photographers, Jodi Miller Photography, sent us our flash drive with our pictures! She sent it in the cutest "Just Married" bag, and she surprised me with sending 4x6s in a photo box her husband, of Lux Bindery, MADE BY HAND. I can't wait to go through each picture and pick them out! Also, a post is coming next week with our professional pictures! Get excited.

:: THREE ::

My Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens

Connor got me some fun new camera equipment, and I'm most excited about the lens. Check out this AWESOME picture I took at my friend's house the other week! They have chickens and I could not contain my excitement.

:: FOUR ::

Fabulous earrings
I ordered these BaubleBar earrings this week to wear with my black dress at the upcoming black tie wedding in NYC. I thought the Emerald would look AWESOME with the dress. I can't wait to try them all on together! Next purchase: SHOES

:: FIVE ::

The Homestead
My parents decided to surprise us with planning a trip to the Homestead over Christmas. We were all talking about going to the islands, but the price was wayyyy too much for 8 of us (my family + 2 aunts). The Homestead is much easier to get to, just a couple hours from my parent's house. We will be driving up on Christmas Eve and spending 3 nights. I haven't been there since High School so I am SO excited to be going back in just a few months! It is magical in the Winter.

Hope you join along! Happy Friday!
post signature
 

7 comments:

Jaclyn Larisa Youngquist said...

Love those earrings, and so jealous of the trip your parents planned! I love going somewhere over Christmas, I've been talking to my family about possibly planning something.

xxx
Jaclyn
http://www.loveandbellinis.com

Ally {Life as I know it} said...

I love that box and and the way your wedding photographer gave you your pictures! How creative and thoughtful! Sounds like it's going to be a fun Christmas trip!

Life with Elizabeth said...

That restaurant looks so delicious. I'm going to have to try it. The packaging on your wedding photos is just adorable - can't wait to see them!

Candace said...

Your wedding photos look glorious! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing! :)

Kelsea said...

Getting our wedding pictures back was one of the most exciting parts of it all! I grew up not too far from the Homestead and had some family that worked there- it's a gorgeous place. Hope you have a great time!

Jessica M said...

What kind of camera/lens do you use? I'm in search of a new one! That Christmas trip sounds and looks like it'll be amazing!!

www.babysaiz.blogspot.com

Jenny {jennycollier.com} said...

The packaging from your photographer is the cutest! How fun to get to go through your wedding images.

What lens did your hubby surprise with you? New camera equipment is fun!

Have a great weekend!