Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday 5


 

  Linking up again with A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, Hello! Happiness & The Good Life for today's Friday Faves!

:: ONE ::

 Blogger friends!
I am so thankful to have met so many of the Charlotte bloggers. I know I'm gushy about it, but they have been so sweet! Bre and I even had a double date on Wednesday at our favorite spot, Three Amigos!

:: TWO ::

 Orange Is the New Black
"Orange Is the New Black revolves around Piper Chapman, a woman from Connecticut, living in New York City who is sent to the women's Litchfield, NY federal prison for possessing a suitcase full of drug money for Alex Vause, an international drug smuggler and Chapman's one-time lover. Sentenced to serve a fifteen-month sentence, Chapman must survive the hardships of prison life, and she may have to be a different person to do so."
Best show on my queue. I'm obsessed!

:: THREE ::


Seeing my family
As I mentioned on Wednesday, my Dad had back surgery on Monday. He's doing great, and I'm looking forward to going back to Charlottesville this weekend to visit. I'm cooking dinner for 10 people on Saturday (family + aunts/uncle) and I'm excited to see everyone!

:: FOUR ::

 Canvas prints
Wedding Wire is offering a free 8x10 canvas if you review 5 of your vendors, so I jumped on it! I ended up ordering TWO 16x20 canvas prints, and I can't wait to see how they turn out! They gave me a major discount for a second canvas, so I couldn't resist

:: FIVE ::

  
Cooking up a storm
Smitten Kitchen is my absolute favorite cooking website, as her recipes are tried & true. I have been cooking a lot this week, and I used 3 of her recipes for inspiration!


Happy Friday!

post signature

9 comments:

DeAnna Stephens said...

gosh, your parents are adorbs!

Em said...

Love Smitten Kitchen! Good luck with your dinner prep!!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Totally need to check out that show! I'm glad you liked it. And I'm checking out the canvas deal now...so fun!

Mariel C. said...

Thanks! Cooking for 10 always stumps me. I never know with proportions. I'm thinking Ina's spaghetti & meatballs? Easy to double I'm hoping...

Katie said...

Super cute blog! Found it through the 5 on Friday link up! Your wedding dress is to die for!

*off to stalk your wedding photos posts* ;)

xo,
Katie
hellolittlebean.com
shopboldthreads.com

KatiePerk said...

Just stopping by from Friday 5! How cute are your wedding pictures? GORGEOUS! I am curious about that tv show!! Have a good weekend.

Life with Elizabeth said...

I love Orange is the new Black. My current Netflix obsession. Happy Friday!

Jenny {jennycollier.com} said...

The blogging get together looks like so much fun! We need something like that in my area.

Definitely looking into Orange is the new Black. Need a good tv series in my life. :)

Have a great weekend.

thewanderinggourmand.com said...

I just want to say that I look awkward as the only guy in the blog photo. Oh, and thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me about Orange is the New Black. Amazing!