Thursday, July 25, 2013

Post-Wedding funk

Y'all, please tell me I'm not the only one. Ever since we got back from our honeymoon and I got back into real life, I have felt weird. I've got the post-wedding blues
 
I don't have vendors to e-mail, wedding blogs to stalk for inspiration, decisions to make, crafts to finish....so when I get home from work I've been trying to stay busy. I've put away all of our gifts, written all of our thank you's, purged our old stuff, organized and re-organized our kitchen. I even opened an Etsy shop. But I'm still feeling like I need to do something. I feel like something's missing.
 
This is a weird, whiny post, I know. Poor me, I don't have to plan a wedding anymore. Maybe it's that my Dad had surgery and that is hard to deal with. But something that consumed my life for 18 months is now over and done with.

Maybe I realized that I need to plan weddings full time, or at least make things for weddings. Maybe I just need to make some goals for myself this summer and fall to stay busy. When does this feeling end?
 
How about you. Did you have a nagging feeling that something is missing?
 
post signature
 

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I totally know your feeling! I've been in the same funk lately. I always feel the need to stay busy and do something. Just continue to do what you're doing and don't overload yourself. If you have the inspiration to start something, then do it!

Jaclyn Larisa Youngquist said...

Nope I felt the same way after my wedding last summer, it's pretty normal. Throw yourself into something new...start a hobby or something? It'll keep you busy and keep your mind off of those blues. I made some fitness goals and started a new workout regiment after my wedding (I know you're kind of supposed to do that BEFORE the dress....oh well!)...it kept me occupied and has become a healthy, positive part of my lifestyle now!

xxx
Jaclyn
http://www.loveandbellinis.com

Life with Elizabeth said...

I felt that way after we got home from our honeymoon, too! Especially since I was off work for another month until school started back. It gets better, though. And I found I was able to focus more on my hobbies and spending quality time with my friends without having to constantly think of what I should be doing on my wedding to-do list or if I was forgetting something.

Maddie~The Whimsy One said...

girl, after having been married for ten years, that is one piece of advice I almost always give people. If you spend a long amount of time, money and energy planning your big day, then once it is over, you are more than likely going to suffer from what I lovingly refer to as the 'wedding letdown' It is completely normal, I promise.

DeAnna Stephens said...

I was depressed after our wedding but it had nothing to do with the lack of something to do or look forward to.
It was because I missed my friends. It's rare that you have all your best friends all in one place at the same time.
After they were all gone, I realized just how much I missed them :(

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness, I felt the exact same way!!! I cried for like 3 weeks after we got back from our honeymoon! I was really depressed, so I emailed my wedding photographers to see if they could help. They actually hooked me up with a few wedding planners in the area, and I helped them out during the fall. Then, I got so busy with teaching that I really didn't have time to do that any more...and now with the baby coming, it's like I have a new project!! I think the key is definitely to keep busy...your etsy shop sounds like a great idea! I may hit you up to make some baby stuff for me!! Hang in there, it gets better, I promise!!!