Thursday, July 11, 2013

The big 3-0

  We had a big July 4th weekend, and got back on Sunday to a messy house. We were absolutely exhausted, and knew this week was going to be ROUGH. Since we got back early enough, we decided to cook Connor's 30th dinner that night. Connor wasn't sure how busy he was going to be, and coming home after 9 and then eating/celebrating on his actual day did not appeal to him. So we celebrated a little early!
He requested lamb and some fresh salads. I obliged, naturally. I made a massaged kale caesar salad, a gorgeous caprese, and a grilled garlic & herb boneless leg of lamb.
 We started the evening off with some bubbly. Nothing says birthday more than champers! My favorite thing we try to do during birthday and anniversary celebrations is to reflect on what our favorite things we have done in the past year. We both agreed that our Los Angeles trip was at the top of our list. We also talked about the future. EEEEE! It's so much fun to talk about our future lives. So glad I married that man.
  We tried out my new camera tripod and remote. Too fun! 
 The spread
After a delicious meal, I got out the ice cream cake. We have one every year for him! This year, I didn't have time to make one so we just got a Carvel at Teeter
Party hats are necessary
Happy birthday, love!
Bowser wanted in on the fun
I got him a power washer (very sexy), sausage casings (we have a meat grinder) and these awesome ice molds {Tovolo Sphere Ice Molds & Tovolo Colossal Square Ice Cube Molds }. I am currently using one for my iced coffee. Genius products!

We also "celebrated" on Tuesday. I got pre-made lobster ravioli at Trader Joe's. And of course we had a piece of ice cream cake.

Happy birthday, C! Love you
 
post signature
 

2 comments:

Jaclyn Larisa Youngquist said...

Looks like a delicious time! Love those ice molds

xxx
Jaclyn
http://www.loveandbellinis.com

megan said...

That dinner look delicious! Will you come make mine when I turn 30 in December? :)