Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weeknight fiesta

  I've had this saved as a draft for a few weeks because....well, I don't know. I'm sorry I haven't shared these recipes with you until now! Please forgive me.

The week before July 4th (!!), I was feeling like throwing us a little fiesta. I found a great beergarita recipe, and made some guacamole, tacos & Elotes (Mexican street corn). It was a DELICIOUS meal!

Now, for the Beergaritas/Margaronas (because I know you're really only here for the booze recipe):
 

:: BEERGARITAS ::

Makes 1 serving

Ingredients
- 12 oz. Corona
- 2 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 2 oz. orange juice
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 TB. simple syrup, to taste
{Simple Syrup = Equal parts sugar + water, boil, let dissolve, cool, stores in fridge for a loooong time}

Directions
Put your beer in your mason jar first, then add the remaining ingredients. I don't like mine too sweet, so I didn't add a lot of the simple syrup. Mix, then add ice.

Sip, then repeat. Make again in 10 minutes when you can't stop drinking it!

 

Curious about the Elotes? I've never had Mexican Street Corn but heard many wonderful things about it. Here's an awesome recipe!

:: ELOTES (Mexican Street Corn) ::

Ingredients

2 ears corn
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
Red chili powder, to taste
1/2 cup cotija cheese (I used good feta)
2 limes wedges

Directions
Remove the husks of the corn but leave the core attached at the end so you have something to hold onto. Grill the corn on a hot grill or cast iron griddle pan until slightly charred. Turn it so it gets cooked evenly all over. This should take 8-10 minutes.
 
Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, & chili powder together. Crumble the cheese in another bowl.
 
While the corn is still warm slather with mayonnaise mix. I put it on a plate and rotated the hot corn in it. Squeeze lime juice over the corn and sprinkle with the cheese.
 
I dare you not to fall in love with this!
 How's that for a dinner spread? It was all sooooo yummy!
I also made guacamole in our new molcajete, after proper seasoning of course, and I'll share that recipe later. With the seasoning instructions, of course.

I hope this inspires you to have a weeknight fiesta! Ole!
 
post signature

3 comments:

Jaclyn Larisa Youngquist said...

Beergaritas are one of the greatest inventions ever. I've never made my own at home, I'll have to try out your recipe!

xxx
Jaclyn
http://www.loveandbellinis.com

Leslie said...

This looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing. Also, I can't wait to try the guac recipe!

megan said...

I love beergaritas! I make them a little different though. And I just made the Mexican street corn for the first time a few weeks ago and it is SO good!