Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday 5

 

:: ONE ::

Friends in town
  We had friends + their two little tykes visit from DC this week. They stayed with us on Monday & Tuesday, and it was so wonderful to hang out with their little ones and them. We hosted a dinner party on Tuesday night in their honor, and invited two other couples over that they knew. We had a blast! And the weather was just incredible, so we sat outside. We had chicken, steak & veggie kebobs, tabbouleh, hummus, pita, and roasted potatoes. It was quite a feast!


:: TWO ::

Beast Feast
I am going with some new friends of mine to the Whitewater Center tomorrow for Beast Feast. It is a food truck rally plus they have bands and various activities throughout the day. It should be a great time. Just hoping the weather holds up!

:: THREE ::

Weekend to myself
Connor's heading to another Bachelor party, this time in the mountains of GA. They will be gone until Sunday, and I'm imagining some Thai takeout, wine in bed with Bowser early tonight, and an X-Files marathon {my new show}. I don't have to do a damn thing, since we cleaned for our friends this week and did tons of laundry. A chore-free husband-free weekend? It's going to get wild probably tame.

 :: FOUR ::

At-home manicure
I have always struggled with painting my own nails. I always used to try to do stuff too soon and mess them up. I also use my hands a lot it seems, clumsily I'm sure, and they always end up chipping THAT DAY. So frustrating. But I've persevered and gotten it down: I use this Essie Base Coat , my new favorite color Essie Bottle Service, and Seche Viteas a quick-dry top coat. Et Voila! No chips, quick dry, and hot pink. It couldn't get any better.
 

 :: FIVE ::

Hot tea and calming tunes
I had a bad reaction this week due to my allergies. Not the kind you think, but I woke up yesterday feeling miserable with lots of congestion and sinus pain. My allergies are pretty horrendous, which is why I've been getting allergy shots every week since October, and I haven't had a bad reaction in a while so I guess I was overdue. We slept with the windows open on Wednesday, which is why I think I woke up yesterday feeling bad. I feel even worse today, even after I used my neti pot and had a gallon of hot tea with lemon + hoeny last night. So this morning I'm sucking down tea like it's going out of style and listening to Coldplay on my Pandora to get me through this work day.
 
Happy MF Friday, amiright?

 

8 comments:

Jaclyn @ Love And Bellinis said...

Food truck throwdown? Take me! I hope your allergies get better...my mom and my husband both struggle with really bad allergies, so I know from them how miserable it can get. Hot tea and coldplay sounds so soothing! Have a lovely weekend to yourself!

xxx
Jaclyn
http://www.loveandbellinis.com

B. said...

ooooohhhhh...... a weekend alone sounds lovely!

Leslie said...

Love Coldplay! I hope you feel better soon. Also, the party you hosted last weekend looks absolutely amazing. :) Enjoy a weekend to yourself.

Rachel said...

So Beast Feast sounds way fun! We may need to go :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Jess said...

Have a great weekend! I love the Whitewater Center, so fun! I can guess whose Bachelor party Connor is going to, his best man's? Lots of fabulous people are getting married this year :)

I hope I can see y'all when I come to Charlotte in October!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

That wedding is a FEAST and the set-up is magazine worthy! Go ahead with your bad self!

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

OMG. The food looks freaking AMAZING but wow, killer pictures, too

Katelyn said...

First of all, Bowser is adorable...saw him on your sidebar. I have been trying tea later in the day, rather than another cup of coffee. :)