Friday, October 11, 2013

5 on Friday!


 Friday again! I hope you'll play along, too, with April, Darci, Natasha, and Christina!


 Dinner Party success! 

Like last year's dinner party, we had a great time with our favorite foodie friends. I'm going to put together a Dinner Party 101 for y'all next week with my tips & tricks!


Miley & The Roots
I know she's cray cray, but this is an awesome rendition of my favorite summer song. Not to mention that she has an awesome voice.
Getting to meet Michael Pollan
He came on campus yesterday for a book signing, and I got 3 of his books signed. He spoke at Queens last night, and, due to the dinner party, I couldn't make it. We chatted about what I was making and he seemed impressed! He was a very cool, very laid back guy.


Day trip to the Mountains
We are hoping to drive to Asheville tomorrow morning for some brewery hopping and lunch. Then we'd love to head to Sky Top Orchard to really ring in Fall. This is a photo from our trip last year.

Blogger meet-up!
I'm so excited to see some of my favorite bloggers next week at the Charlotte Social Blogger meet-up! I hope you can make it, local bloggers!

xoxo & have a fab weekend!
post signature

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

1. You have a Boston!! I'm hoping to get one soon! I love them!!!!!
2. Have fun in Asheville. It's on my places to go soon list :)
3. Glad I found your blog!

Kate @ Like American Honey said...

I love Asheville!! Brewery hopping in the mountains sounds fabulous! I love the idea of a dinner party with friends and am looking forward to reading your tips and tricks. New follower from the 5 on Friday linkup. :)
-Kate, like-americanhoney.blogspot.com

Ally {Life as I know it} said...

That's so cool you guys do a blogger meet up! I wish us girls in Charleston would catch on! I saw that song being performed on Jimmy Fallon and it was pretty cute! Hope y'all have a blast in Asheville!

elise @ cheers y'all said...

look at that dinner party PERFECTION! love it girlie!!! so good lookin'!

xx
elise

Jaclyn @ Love And Bellinis said...

I love the Roots, that's such a cute rendition of her song. Can't wait for your dinner party 101 post!

Life with Elizabeth said...

Wish I could be there next Thursday. Sadly, I have a work conflict. :(

Love your table setting - can't wait to read more about your party.

Yuyu907 said...

I want to go to the blogger meet up! I was gonna ask you about it...but I have class T.T

Sherry said...

Hi, Mariel! I am always on the lookout for other NC bloggers (and especially Charlotte bloggers). I found you on the Owl's Den NC Bloggers list. I am attempting to find a way that more of us can connect and share our stories about our great state, and I put together this blog for us to use to link up our posts each month to share happenings in our state. I would love it if you and any of your NC blog friends would join in. Thanks for sharing, Charlotte friend!

http://tarheelbloggers.blogspot.com/2013/10/nc-bloggers-october-link-up.html