Friday, October 25, 2013

5 on Friday


Happy Friday, y'all! I am back in Charlotte, back in the saddle, back to it...etc. Last week and this week have been crazy but I think my Dad is on the mend. Thank you for your thoughts & prayers!

I am happy to get back to some normalcy. So 5 on Friday it is! I love playing along with AprilDarciNatasha, and Christina!

 A weekend in DC
We are flying to DC to spend the weekend with this adorable family! We can't wait to meet cSv and give him lots of kisses and snuggles. Connor and I started dating right around the time that Charlie & Christina started dating, so we have loved celebrating all the milestones with them. We can't wait to see y'all!

 Jamie Dornan as Christian Gray
I was happy to hear that Jamie was cast as Charlie Hunnam's replacement in the upcoming 50 Shades movies. Yes, I have read the books, and no, I'm not sorry about it. I loved Jamie in The Fall with Gillian Anderson, which you should go watch now. It's on Netflix.

 Our 2nd annual Friendsgiving party
We have sent the invites out, and I'm pinning like a mad woman to get ideas of what to make. We had a blast last year, and can't wait to host our friends again. We are hoping to have some out of towners join us as well!
 My new monogram
I ordered this adorable tortoise monogrammed necklace from the Plaid Barn a few weeks ago, and I couldn't wait to put it on! I have worn it every day since. Isn't it cute?
All hail smitten kitchen
I made Deb's Apple Cider + Sea Salt Caramels on Wednesday, and they are probably the best thing that's ever come out of my kitchen. I picked up a gallon of real cider from a little roadside stand called the Apple Shed in Nelson County, VA just for this recipe. It was practice for the holidays, and now I know what everyone's getting in their stockings!

That's it for this week! I hope y'all have a great weekend!

xoxo,

post signature

5 comments:

Jaclyn @ Love And Bellinis said...

Good to hear your dad is doing better! Friendsgiving is so much fun, we used to do that in college!

Libby @ Health, Love & Fire said...

I just found your blog and love it! We are thinking of starting a Friendsgiving tradition this year too!! Any fun things you do that we should add to ours?

Leslie said...

I'm going to have to try those caramels! They look amazing. Enjoy a wonderful weekend in VA!

elise @ cheers yall said...

my plaid barn necklace came in this week too! yay!! love yours!! i had a tourtise one already...got a translucent mint one this time...but for my little sis! :)

and my mouth is watering from that last pic. seriously. watering.

love!!
xx
elise

A Carolina Mrs. said...

Love that necklace! And the Friendsgiving is such a sweet idea!