Tuesday, October 1, 2013

#CM2013 {reception part one}

{In case you missed the posts before this one, The Wedding tab up top has a link to all of them!}

Also of note....

Yeah...we're going to be on STYLE ME PRETTY!!! AHHHHHH!! This news made me so happy! I can't wait to share their post with y'all! MAJOR.

Back to it....#CM2013:

After we enjoyed cocktail hour, it was time for the introductions.
Our family & Bridal Party walked into "Marry You" by Bruno Mars. It is such a fun an upbeat song!
 
 Hello gorgeous people
I was so excited for this!
Our first dance was "You Are The Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne. It is my favorite sweet song ever. It's also my ring tone for Connor. Because I'm a sappy dork.
We kiiiiind of practiced for our first dance {as in after a bottle of wine 2 weeks before the wedding in our living room}
It felt like the longest song in the world. We definitely are not cut out for the spotlight
Dipping myself
And then it was time to dance with my Daddy. We picked "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King. I definitely held back tears the whole time.
He was so sweet during the whole dance. He said how happy he was for us, and was cracking jokes because he knew I was crying. He got me smiling pretty quickly!
I love this picture of us

Halfway through the song, Connor and his mother joined in. I'm glad they had a few moments together.
His speech was wonderful, from what I can remember {which is really not that much}. I only remember him telling us to be "Fruitful"....which I totally thought he meant for us to make money. I was definitely confused for a second before I realized what he really meant {BABIES}
I'm sure he's saying something sassy there. That's definitely his sassy face
Even EM listened. My dad's a great storyteller.
Everyone's reaction was hilarious!
Hugging it out. After his speech, it was a total blur for us for a while! I remember hugging almost everyone there and thanking them for coming. Connor and I split up at one point to make sure we said HI to each guest. It was a good move!
Miss M on the dance floor!
My honorary Aunt & Uncle: My Dad's BFF from his college days and his wife flew over from Arizona!
Saying bye to my sweet niece. She was so good!
One of my co-workers wanted me to open her gift.....
And it was a painting from one of our engagement pictures! I flipped
She was so thoughtful and sneaky!
Then we took a quick pic with our great friends/neighbors Kristen & Bryan. Lucky for us, they found our wonderful photographers Jodi & Kurt for their wedding last year!

Aren't they cuties??
After this, Connor and I snuck away really quickly for some gorgeous sunset pictures behind the barn! I'll share those with more of our portraits in another post. The other pictures have Bowser in his bowtie...so I KNOW you want to see them!
xoxo,
post signature

8 comments:

megan said...

That is so exciting!! Can't wait to see the feature!

Taylor Rae said...

Congrats!! Your wedding was GORGEOUS! I loved all the personal touches y'all put into the day! So personal and sweet!

Amanda {Kids and Cabernet} said...

Congrats! Beautiful wedding!

Mindy said...

So excited to see your wedding on SMP! What an honor!! Congrats!

Celyn PS said...

wow it looked like such a beautiful wedding! congrats!

styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

Mariel C. said...

Thank you so much!

Mariel C. said...

Thanks! I can't wait until it posts...I will definitely share when it does!

Samantha said...

So beautiful Mariel! Congrats on the Style Me Pretty feature too, I can't wait to see it!