Thursday, October 31, 2013

Holiday cards....check!

I had a bee in my bonnet yesterday, when I decided it was time right now to design our Holiday cards. I have never used a printing service before, and found a site called UPrinting that was easy to work with. I was worried I'd have to order something like 250, but they allowed as little as 25 copies! I was impressed.

I played around in Pic Monkey yesterday and ended up with this. What do y'all think? I really wanted to have something on the back, so I played around with a few different things to add and came up with putting down the fun stuff we've done this year. We sure have been busy!

I also ordered envelopes yesterday, from my favorite paper place, Paper and More. This is where I got the paper and envelopes for our DIY wedding invitations, and I was very happy with the service.

I ended up getting the silver metallic envelopes, because I liked how it went along with the black + white.

I also ordered really pretty Poinsettia stamps. Don't you love??
I think it's all going to look so nice together! This is the first year I've officially sent out cards, so I'm obviously really excited. I have always loved the look of the cards on Minted, but at over $1.20/card, without stamps & envelopes, I figured I'd try my hand at making my own.

Cards @100 : $33.07
Envelopes @100: $27.97
Stamps @100: $46.00
Subtotal: $107.04 or $1.07 per card

What have you all used to order cards? Do you have any good printing sites that you use?

xoxo

post signature

9 comments:

homesweetlifeblog.com said...

So cute! I love the back with the highlights throughout the year.

Jess said...

Really cute! I will check out UPrinting as I'm working on a bridal shower invite for a friend. I use Shutterfly for my Christmas cards, I like the templates and they have tons to choose from. And there is custom route you can do too. Also, Paper Culture is of my fave sites for paper goods. They are all printed on recycled paper, and for every order they plant a new tree :)

megan (girl by the lake) said...

Super cute! I love these. Great idea designing your own! Calling out Bowser's last name change is my absolute favorite part. Winston's last name is officially Nease right now....so he'll have to do the same one day!

Taylor Jordan said...

I just ordered our cards earlier this week, but I wish I would have read this post first. That is a great price for everything that you got! Plus your cards look great, and what a cool idea to put something on the back. Well there's always next year!

megan said...

Love the picture you chose and the back of the card! Totally using those poinsettia stamps. I'm using Minted but only because I have credit.

Taylor Rae said...

Love this! I've never even thought of making my own Christmas card. I think I'm gonna have to give this a try. Thanks for the idea!

Carolina Charm said...

I LOVE THEM!!! Great job, friend! And I love that the stamps were the most expensive part! haha.

LuLu said...

That sequin dress is amazing. Where is it from?

Mindy said...

Love your christmas cards!! What a deal!!