Friday, December 6, 2013

5 on Friday

Happy that it's Friday! I'm joining AprilDarciNatasha, and Christina today for 5 on Friday.



Costume Party
We're going to a murder mystery party tomorrow for our friend's birthday, and the theme is in the Tudor era. I was assigned Mary, Queen of Scots. This is perhaps my favorite time period, as I have always imagined that my previous life was living in a castle during that time being a princess (duh), or, more likely, a lady-in-waiting. Either way, I have totally geeked out for this and planned my costume accordingly, drawing inspiration from one of my favorite movies (Elizabeth, The Golden Age). I am making a headpiece and (hopefully) a collar like the one below. I purchased a purple "renaissance" gown off Amazon and am hoping it all works together. I can't wait to show you the final product!

Christmas decorations
I am slowly getting it together in terms of decorating this year. We put the tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving, and while it has been so festive, I wish I had knocked everything else out that weekend. I got a gorgeous boxwood wreath at Trader Joe's for our front door, swapped out our summery pillows for some Sunbrella-covered red + gold ones I found yesterday at the Restore, and I strung the lights + garland all by myself. I have more stuff going up inside, and I can't wait to show y'all! Thanks to Beth for pushing me to get these done!

Kristen's birthday!
My favorite neighbor + crafting bestie is celebrating her birthday with her college bff's in Boston this weekend, but I know we'll make up the celebration next week. Happy birthday, Kristen!!

GIRLS!
We "somehow" acquired an HBO GO password (i.e. Connor's dad, THANK YOU!) and have been binge-watching shows this week. I have torn through Girls, which is such an incredibly smart show. There's awkward sex, weird relationships, and lots of nudity, but it is really an accurate portrayal of human interactions, especially those amongst the "just got outta college, now what" crowd. I am hooked.

Beth's annual Blogger Ornament Exchange
She was so kind to invite me last year when we went to Aria, and I cannot wait to see everyone again on Wednesday! We always have such a fun time, especially when there's a yankee swap involved!

Hope y'all enjoy the weekend!

post signature

10 comments:

megan said...

So jealous of your boxwood wreath! My sister went on Wednesday to get one for me and they said they've been out for two weeks. Dangit!

Carolina Charm said...

Love all the decor!!!

Also, I have been thinking about hosting a murder mystery party for awhile now! You'll have to tell me how it turns out!!!!

Taylor Rae said...

Love the lights and can not wait to see your costume! It sounds epic!

Taylor Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor Rae said...

Love the lights and can not wait to see your costume! It sounds epic!

Alexa said...

Yay, can't wait to see you Wednesday at the blogger party!!

Catherine said...

Your front porch is perfection!
- Catherine