Thursday, December 5, 2013

Anniversary dinner at Fig Tree

Sorry for the radio silence this week. I always need a week or so to catch back up with life before I can sit down and write. Grocery shopping, car maintenance, and errand running have consumed my life this week, so I didn't want to bore you with the details.

I still also haven't uploaded my pictures from my camera from Thanksgiving, which is a super lame excuse, but I'm using it.

I will, however, share an incredible meal Connor and I had to celebrate our 6-month anniversary 2 weeks ago. We went to Fig Tree, a place I've been dying to go to since we moved to Charlotte. It was such a fabulous experience!

We had a very knowledgable waiter, and he suggested a fabulous Gigondas to pair with our game. It was a perfect wine, as was the food. I was so excited to try Elk, and it did not disappoint. Connor really enjoyed his Veal, and we even brought the leftovers home bone-in so Bowser could get some. He is still working on the Elk bone and loving it!

Here are my shitty iPhone pictures:

Escargot (A+)
{Burgundy Helix Snails with Cremini Mushrooms in Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce over Crostini}

Beef Carpaccio (B)
{Thinly Sliced Prime, Forty Day Aged Top Round topped with Capers, Hearts of Palm and Arugula with Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano and Extra Virgin Olive Oil}

Elk Chop (A)
{Grilled New Zealand Elk Chop over Horseradish Spaetzle with Smoked Bacon-Braised Purple Cabbage and Boursin Dijon Sauce}

Veal Chop (A)
{Grilled Provimi Veal Chop with Jumbo Shrimp over Smashed Fingerling Potatoes with Cremini Mushrooms, Capers and Sherry Garlic Butter Sauce with Asparagus}

Beignets (A+)
{served warm with Cinnamon Crême Anglaise and Coffee Gelato}

If you have a special occasion coming up, I highly recommend this restaurant! It was not as stuffy or formal as I thought it was going to be, which was a big plus. We would definitely go back.


post signature

6 comments:

Carolina Charm said...

Matt and I celebrated his 30th at Fig Tree and it was probably one of the best meals I've ever had. We made the mistake of trying the McNinch House this year for his birthday and although it was delicious and a great atmosphere, it certainly didn't compare to Fig Tree! So glad y'all went!!

Annie said...

I love that you all went all out for your 6 month! We've never been to Fig Tree but should try it!

Kristen Brown said...

Um, I need that dessert right now! It looks so good!!! Glad you both enjoyed yourselves. It's good to treat yourself to a nice meal every once and awhile.

Alexa said...

We haven't been to Fig Tree yet but I've been dying to try it since we moved here 2+ years ago!! Also, "here are my shitty iPhone pictures" - you crack me up :)

Catherine said...

Looks delish! Congrats on your 6-month-aversary!
- Catherine

Maran (HeyHawleywood) said...

those pictures are still drool worthy. Have been wanting to try Fig Tree. Adding it to the list!