Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday finally!


5 on Friday link-up time!

Central Ave movie set
USA is filming a movie called The Novice, and they picked my little hood to be the set for a small version of LA's Koreatown. They started putting up neon signs with Korean symbols over the small strip up Central, and put up a yellow Karaoke sign and a "Gleeful Cloud" sign in front of Soul. I love how Charlotte is becoming the place to film! (Homeland, Banshee, Hunger Games, etc)



Blogger Ornament Swap
I had a ball with the Charlotte blogger ladies this year. We ate, drank, and chatted all night. It was such a great night!
I love my new ornament next to last year's!


Successful Christmas DIY's
I met with Khala & Sam this week for a little lunchtime tree cone crafting at work. I made the feathered one then, the red & white polka-dot with poms that night, and the green/pink trim last night. The striped one is the fabric I purchased in India for our wedding. Isn't it so chic? I am planning a post next week on all of our decorations!

Going away dinner at Customshop
 A friend of mine is transferring to the west coast for law school, and we're celebrating her time in Charlotte tonight at Customshop. I've never been for a regular dinner (we did a Groupon one time) so I'm really looking forward to it!

Holiday baking
My co-workers are coming over tomorrow to bake at my house for our holiday party next week. I look forward to baking something new each year, and this year we're going to make Marshmallows! I can't wait to share the results

Enjoy your weekend, and Happy Friday!!

xoxo,
post signature

13 comments:

Ally {Life as I know it} said...

I love that the Charlotte bloggers get together so often! The ornament exchange is such a great idea!

Renee @ Sassy Wife, Classy Life said...

I'm loving the lunchtime crafting hour - so fun! Love all of the Christmas trees. Have a great weekend! :)

Brett said...

Those DIY Trees are the cutest!!!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

SO love the trees y'all made!!!!! Merry, merry! xx

theladyolive.com said...

I hope you like your frog prince :) & Customshop is one of my favorite spots! They have awesome specials.

Lisa Loves John said...

I love your lunch time crafts!! What a fun way to break up to hang with friend and craft! :)

Happy weekending!

Catherine said...

Those cookies look delicious!
- Catherine

Taylor Rae said...

So jealous of y'all awesome Charlotte blogger get-togethers! Love your DIY trees!!

Ashley said...

The ornament swap looks like a blast! Great group of ladies :)

Khala Johnson said...

The other two trees turned out SO GOOD!! You go girl! And how fun has Central become?! When I drive up and down the street, I constantly hope to see them filming!! xo

Emily said...

Whoa, is that a GIF of your ornaments? If not, what is it and how did you make it? Looks awesome.

Elle Sees said...

i've been such a slacker with holiday baking this year.

Mariel C. said...

Emily, I just picked a photo from my Picasa album. Sometimes it will enhance photos. I had no idea until you pointed it out!