Friday, December 20, 2013

Last 5 on Friday for 2013!

Linking up with April & Christina again for today's.....


Christmas at the Homestead
We are heading to the Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, VA for Christmas. 8 of us will be heading up on Christmas Eve for a 3-night stay at this gorgeous resort. We will spend our days at the spa, bowling alley, skeet shooting course, and of course in the Great Hall for afternoon tea each day. I cannot wait to unplug, relax, & recharge with my favorite people.


Charlotte sunrises
 I either get into the office at 7 or 7:30 every morning, and I am treated to the most beautiful sunrises. I try to take pictures on my phone {while I'm at a stoplight, mind you!}, but it doesn't do it justice. This week, the moon was over the buildings and it was breathtaking.


Christmas cards
We literally opened 6 cards yesterday to add to our wreath, and they just keep coming in! This sight makes me so happy each day.

Gifts are done!
I finished up the gifts for my family last night. We have a $10 limit for each person (8 total), so it's been quite a challenge. I hope they like what I'm giving them! I will share after the holidays, since I {hope} they read!

Festive nails
We're going to a holiday party tonight with some of Connor's clients, and I wanted to get into the spirit. Essie's Twin Sweater Set with a Sephora by OPI Looks Like Rain Dear statement nail. Don't you love statement nails?

That's it for this week, y'all! I will be unplugged all next week while we're away. I can't wait to see what everyone will be up to over the next 2 weeks! Enjoy the holidays, and have a happy new year!

xoxo,
post signature

16 comments:

Khala Johnson said...

Girlfriend, why are you at work at 7:00am?! Loving those sunrise pictures! That resort looks GORGEOUS and I'm loving the nails! I really need to make myself one of those clothes pin wreaths for next year!! Have a fabulous break, my dear! xo

Carolina Charm said...

7 am?! Whew! I hope you get to leave work early too!

LOVE the nails and am so curious to see what you got the family!

have fun at that gorgeous resort for Christmas!!!

Caitlyn {Home Sweet Ruby} said...

Love your mani!! I'm treating my mother-in-law to a girls day with a mani and I think I may have to get something similar! Also, that Resort looks fantastic.. super jealous! Have fun and Merry Christmas! :)

Leslie said...

Love the 10 dollar limit idea; that's so neat! Have an amazing time at The Homestead!

Christa at Forever Young said...

LOVE the nails! I am so excited to unplug next week, too! Enjoy yout time! Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

Christa
Forever Young

MrsSouthernBelle said...

I am visiting from 5 on friday. Those boston terrier gift bags are amazing! Where did you find them!?

Candace

www.sohappytobehere.com

Mariel C. said...

MrsSouthernBelle...I found them at Marshall's!

megan said...

I'm at work at 7am, too, and have been loving the sunrises! I noticed the bright full moon this week, also! The boston terrier gift bags are adorable and SO "you"! :)

Kelly Slater said...

Love those nails! And that Christmas card wreath, so fun! Merry Christmas!

-Kelly http://walkinonsunshinetheblog.blogspot.com/

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love those gift bags! I used to have a Boston =-) And my nails look the same as yours, gotta love a gold accent!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Ooooh, great idea to do Christmas at the Homestead, love this!

I know your heart skipped a beat when you found those gift bags :)

Stephanie said...

I love that clothes pin wreath...what a great way to display your Christmas cards! Mine are strewn about the kitchen!

runningmomentum said...

Visiting from the linkup! Have so much fun at the Homestead!! I just went there in November for a work conference - I'm sure it's GORGEOUS all decorated for Christmas!

Samantha Ledford said...

I come in early too and get to see the skyline right as it hits uptown from Randolph road... it's so beautiful! Your vacation sounds wonderful - I am excited to see photos from that resort! Love the nails, I hope you have an amazing Christmas xo

Alyssa at Southern Abundance said...

I am convinced that Charlotte has some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets in all of North Carolina! Seeing your pictures make me miss the four years I spent there :-)

I hope y'all have a wonderful, relaxing, and well deserved Christmas break with your family and friends!

LoveTheJaspers said...

I landed here because I saw you on the link up but the real reason I clicked your blog was because of your picture with your boston Terrier awww Im such a sucker for dogs I hope my husband and I one day become parents to a boston. :)