Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekend in pictures

These weeks are just flying by! They always do this time of year. But it seems especially quick, since we only had 3 weeks in between Thanksgiving & Christmas!

On Friday, Connor and I met our friends at a going away dinner at Cajun Queen. We ended up not going to Customshop since they only had early reservations available which didn't work for our group.

I didn't take any photos...we got a little rowdy between our before-dinner cocktails at a friend's, and then hurricanes at Cajun Queen....you know how it goes!

Saturday, I had my co-workers over for some holiday baking and crafting. I bribed them with frilly aprons & mimosas while also putting them to work!

Ingredients for: {click for recipe link}
 Baking station all set up
I started off with the spiced nuts. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have something to snack on while we work! 
While Lauren and I made marshmallows, Erika made ginger molasses cookies. She even rolled them in red sugar! They turned out so cute.
Our marshmallows came out perfectly! I will share the recipe tomorrow.
We helped Lauren craft a tacky sweater for a sweater kegger she was going to that night. We stuck glittery foam stickers on a sweater she already had and called it a day. Oh yes, we also kept up with the mimosa drinking.
Bowser and Erika got along really well! He loved playing with her new pup, Sadie.
I baked 7 DOZEN cookies for our work party tomorrow. I couldn't believe how many the recipe yields!

That night, Connor and I went to Midwood Smokehouse for some Brisket + beer, and then relaxed at home while we watched Beasts of the Southern Wild (very interesting!). I sipped on some prosecco and loved looking at our twinkly lights on the tree!
Sunday we got up and got more groceries for football watching later (yay Panthers!) We grabbed a quick bite at Joe Hooper's. I had a BLT with a fried egg (they gave me 2!) and Connor got their Southern hot dog with chili, slaw, & onions. It clearly ALL hit the spot!
When we got home, I cleaned up more from baking and threw together gifts for my co-workers.
I cut up the marshmallows...
And got out the mason jars we used at our wedding to put together food gifts. I made this base for Hot Cocoa mix, and added 3 marshmallows to the top. I had canning lids, and just popped on a piece of leftover fabric, tied it with twine, and wrote out a little "how to" on the tag. My coworkers love it!
Connor really wanted to make beer cheese dip & wings to watch the game, so we threw that together.

Our neighbor came over and brought a tray of nachos with him. To say that we had a lot of food would be the understatement of the year.
Loved my view! Seriously, cannot get enough of our tree + decor.
I made us a mug of hot coca with the marshmallows, and we called it a night.

I hope you had a fun weekend, too! I got a lot of things checked off my list :)

xoxo,
post signature

8 comments:

Annie said...

Yall's tree is gorgeous! What a fun weekend you all had. Very festive!

Ally {Life as I know it} said...

I can always count on you for some yummy food pics!! That BLT w/ a fried egg looks mouth watering! I have to bake 7 dozen cookies for my co workers too!

Alexa said...

I swear you somehow find 48 extra hours in your weekend than I ever can. Y'all pack it in!! :) Looks like ya had a blast. And I can't wait for the marshmallow recipe!

Dee Stephens said...

I want to be invited to your next baking party!!!

LuLu said...

Fun! My gosh that hot dog! It does seem like the shortest season ever.

Chesson {A Southern Twenty-Five} said...

You can't beat the view of watching the Panthers on TV with a Christmas tree off to the side. Yay Panthers!

My Life as A Plate said...

So much yummy food and drinks! That is my perfect weekend!

Catherine said...

Looks so fun - and so much yummy food :) Can't wait to see the marshmallow recipe!
- Catherine