Friday, January 24, 2014

5 on Friday: Vacation Edition

I'm trying to get back in the groove of writing this month. My personal goal for myself over winter break (my school gave us 2 weeks off!) was to relax and not blog one bit. Well, I did that and THEN some!
A 5 on Friday post is just what I need, as I have lots of fun upcoming trips to share with y'all!
Hope you enjoy reading, and check out AprilDarciNatasha, and Christina's blogs as well!

This time next week I will be in LAS VEGAS! 5 of my girlfriends and I FINALLY took the plunge on buying plane tickets, and we also got Britney Spears tickets. We are going to have the best time! We also have been sending each other the items in our Forever 21 carts. It is going to be ridiculous.

Connor and I will be heading to Folly (again) for Ryan's birthday weekend over Valentine's day. We rented a huge house a block from the beach and are hoping we have decent weather. Last year it rained the whole trip but we still made it a lot of fun. I can't wait to party with my favorite hooligans!

The weekend after Valentine's day, Connor and I are flying up to NYC for his sister's baby shower. I am helping 2 of her friends plan it (can't wait to share the details with y'all!), and his parents decided to come up for it as well. I LOVE visiting New York (we went over Labor Day last year, recap here and here), as we always have the best weather and food. We're hoping to try ramen this time (hoping to try Ippudo!)

Connor and I decided to take a week during my school's spring break (first week in March, also the weekend right after NYC) to explore the west coast. We are flying into Portland and out of Seattle. We are so excited for this trip! We are hoping to eat TONS of good food, try lots of great beer, tour some vineyards (Willamette Valley's Pinot Noir!), and generally try to {unsuccessfully} fit in with the west coast hipsters. If you have any suggestions for either city, please let me know! We will be doing 3 nights in Portland and 4 nights in Seattle.

We're going to be super super busy this late winter/early spring time, which never happens. I can't wait for all of our upcoming trips!

We're also headed to Charlottesville this weekend. We'll hopefully be cheering on the Hoos on Saturday as they destroy the Hokies (BOO TECH), and we'll be visiting with his parents as well. We can't wait!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

xoxo
post signature

13 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

wow girl!! You're on the GO.GO.GO!

Chesson {A Southern Twenty-Five} said...

Consider me officially jealous of your Seattle trip! I'm slightly in love with that city. It's one of my top 5 places to go visit - y'all will have a blast!

Annie said...

SOOO many fun trips to look forward to! I love all of your trip recaps and foodie places so I'll be excited for those!

Libby Boyes said...

What wineries are you looking at visiting while in the portland area? I live in the willamette valley and can definitely point you in the right direction if you need any suggestions. :)

Christa at Forever Young said...

So jealous! I have been dying to go to Portland and Seattle! Have fun!

Taylor Rae said...

So many trips!!! So jealous you're going to NYC & Folly! Even more jealous that you get to see Britney! Happy Friday :)

Samantha Ledford said...

OMG Mariel!! This is so much fun - I'm green with envy that you are going to see Brittany Spears!! I can't wait to see all of your photos from all of your trips! Get it girl :)

Alyssa at Southern Abundance said...

Oh my goodness! You have LOTS of trips coming up! I cannot wait to see each of them recapped here on the blog but especially your west coast adventures!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Folly is SO much fun, I know you guys will have a blast!

I've done the Portland/Seattle joint trip twice for work and it is so much fun there (even during a work trip) ... you will have a blast!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

YAYYYY for some fun traveling!!! Sounds awesome, girlie! Cheers to that! xx

Catherine said...

My parents were married on Folly Beach! I love it there.

megan (girl by the lake) said...

I'm so jealous of all your trips! I'm saving all of my vacation (read: fun fund) for another European trip this summer. But man girl, these trips are awesome!

Also, a NYC tip...if you can't get into Ippudo (which is awesome) there is also Momofuku Noodle Bar. I'm honestly torn between which one is my favorite. They are both different but oh so delicious!

Chelsea said...

The only place I've been on your list is Folly, so like everyone else, I'm so so jealous of all your upcoming trips! Loving your blog, and I'm so excited to be your latest follower! :)